|Back to the search|
April-Oct. Wed 10-12:30 am, Thu 10 am-5 pm, Sun 11:30 am-5 pm and by appointment
This North German half-timbered house, which comes from the village of Ostenfeld about 15 kilometres east of Husum, is probably is the oldest German open-air museum. It was brought to Husum in 1899. The building, which has a core originating from the time around 1600, is fitted with household items and farming tools. The "Döns" (living room) from 1789 with its carved alcove-bed wall and the "Pesel" (parlour) with its Communion cupboard from 1642 document the wealth of the farmers in the old parish of Ostenfeld.
thematic focus: Folklore open-air museum/ museum farm
Adults 2,50 €
Reduced 2,- €
Groups 2,- € / per person, 15 and more persons