|Back to the search|
Tue-Fri 10 am - 12 pm / 2-5 pm, Sat-Sun 11 am - 4 pm
Both departments of the Mölln museum are situated opposite each other on the market place in the old part of Mölln. The museum for the collection on the town history was founded in 1889. Since 1993 it is housed in the restored former town hall. The building is the second oldest town hall in the country (built in 1373). The former council hall on the upper floor is used for the presentation of the council’s silverware from the 16th and 17th century. The collection on the town history focuses on the town’s commercial history since the 18th century. With the help of different models individual aspects of the town history are explained. Opposite the town hall, the „Eulenspiegelmuseum“ was established in 1996. In this citizen’s house of the 16th century the figure of Till Eulenspiegel is remembered. In the book it is said that he died in Mölln in 1350. Paintings, graphics and sculptures, which show Till Eulenspiegel, as well as, of course, many book editions belong to the collection of the museum. Small presentations help visitors of all ages to understand the most famous fool in the German-speaking area.
Regularly, the museum is showing special exhibitions on older and more modern art, history and arts and crafts.
thematic focus: Regional history/ Town history, Folklore
Adults 2,- €, reduced 1,- €
Groups of 10 and more people 1,- € per person, reduced charge for families, school classes 0,50 € per person
The tickets of the „Historische Rathaus“ (historical town hall) are valid in the „Eulenspiegelmuseum, too!
Guided tours by appoinment
Educational offers supervised by a free-lanced museum pedagogue can be arranged via the museum
Offers for school classes and youth groups up to the 6th school year
Guided tours for all ages (of both museums)
Quiz and cut-out sheets
„Eulenspiegel Olympics“ with wooden toys for outdoor activities
During the summer month we organize events within the „Lauenburgische Familientage” (Lauenburg family days) in cooperation with the “Verkehrsverein Alte Salzstraße” (old salt road tourism association)
Several Eulenspiegel souvenirs are available in the museum shop
A branch of the Mölln Kurverwaltung (tourism centre) that offers accommodation and other services is housed in the historical town hall, phone +49 (0)4542 - 76 64
The historical town hall is accessible for wheel-chairs
A free brochure on “Kunst und Kulturgeschichte” (art and cultural history) is available in the museum
There are exhibition catalogues on different special exhibitions published
„Eine Kindheit in Mölln“ (a childhood in Mölln) reports the memories of a Mölln woman between 1850 and 1870, available in the museum
Contact person is the museum director Michael Packheiser M.A.
by car: federal road B 207, exit Mölln Süd or Nord, in the “Altstadt” direction
Parking facilities on the edge of the old part of the town or on the multi-storey car park at the ZOB (central bus station)
by train: Mölln station, 10-15 minutes walk
by bus: with “Autokraft” from Lübeck, with the “Schnellbus” (express bus) route Hamburg-Mölln from Hamburg-Wandsbek