Name des Museums
Titel des Bildes
Back to the search

Richard Haizmann Museum
Rathausplatz 2
25899  Niebüll

Fax: 04661/60166
E-Mail: info@haizmann-museum.de

Opening Hours

Tue-Fri 11 am – 4.30 pm, Sat 10 am – 12 pm, Sun 2-5 pm

The museum about the sculptor and painter Richard Haizmann (1895-1963) was established in the former town hall from 1928, which is under monumental protection today. The artist became famous as an animal sculptor in the 1920s. After the national socialists condemned his work, he went into the “inner emigration” from Hamburg to Niebüll in 1934. There he stayed until he died.
The smooth lines of his early works have a great deal in common with sculptures by Hans Arp or Ewald Mateté. In North Frisia, in the close vicinity to his friend Emil Nolde, Haizmann took up religious symbols from different cultures in his diversified creation. The series of wood engravings are outstanding examples of his late works, which show rather more geometrical lines.