Create Account
English
Name des Museums
Titel des Bildes
Back to the search

Tischlereimuseum Friedrichstadt
Ostermarktstr. 15
25840  Friedrichstadt

Phone:
E-Mail: renate.kieselbach@t-online.de

Opening Hours

Oct.-June by appointment (phone +49 (0)4881/1542, Frau Kühl)
July-Sept. daily (further details you find on the website www.tischlereimuseum-friedrichstadt.de)

A joiner's workshop museum is located in the centre of the historical part of Friedrichstadt/Eider close to the market place. Master joiner Jacob Hansen left behind a workshop that represents the technical level and the organization of the work at the beginning of the past century. The workshop and the residential building with the idyllic inner courtyard give an impression of the once customary combination of working and living in the town. The development of the range of products since the foundation of the workshop in 1876 shows the ability of the trade to determine its place again and again in a time that was formed by industrial production.The abundance of the tools and machines, that were mostly home-made, are not there only to be looked at. During the opening hours different craftsmen are working in the museum with wood: joiners, turners and restorers. Thereby they carry on the work of the deceased master joiner. They have the possibility to use tools like the ones that were used to produce the furniture they are restoring.