Create Account
English
Name des Museums
Titel des Bildes
Back to the search

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Ernst-Ludwig-Kirchner-Dokumentation
Bahnhofstraße 47
23769  Burg auf Fehmarn

Phone:
E-Mail: info@kirchnervereinfehmarn.de

Opening Hours

Mon-Fri 9.30 am – 12 pm and 2.30pm - 6.30 pm, Wed 9.30 am – 12 pm

In 1908 the painter Kirchner travelled to Fehmarn with his then girl-friend, the photographer Emmi Frisch. In the years from 1912 to 1914 the co-founder of the ‘Brücke’, the well-known group of artists, also stayed on the island. Here a great number of his works came into being. The Kirchner association aims to trace Kirchner’s steps: the painter’s motifs on Fehmarn are preserved almost unchanged. It is delightful to retrace how Kirchner transformed his immediate experiences and conveyed it to the observer.
A map shows trails and bike paths to Kirchner’s motifs on Fehmarn, for instance the Staberhuk lighthouse or the ‘Villa Port Arthur’.