Create Account
Name des Museums
Titel des Bildes
Back to the search

Dat ole Hus
Nat ole Hus 1
24613  Aukrug-Bünzen


Opening Hours

Sat-Sun, bank holidays 2-6 pm and groups by appointment

‚Dat ole Hus’ (The Old House) is a small half-timbered cottage, which was built in 1804. It is the centre of a small local history museum, which was established by the Hauschildt couple in 1961. Within guided tours the interiors can be visited. They offer a vivid impression of rural life in the region from the 18th to the 20th century. The farm tools, which are exhibited in a stable, a carriage shed and a beehive, originate from the same period.
The museum is well-known for offering coffee and waffles with a local speciality: red fruit jelly. The visitor can enjoy this speciality either in the cosy, stove-heated sitting room in wintertime or in the garden in summertime.Regularly the museum shows small temporary exhibitions on various subjects.