The museum of the municipality at the ‘Bungsberg’ in Ostholstein is housed in the former village school from 1823. The local history collection of the village school was the foundation of the exhibition at the beginning of the 1960ies. Pupils, parents and teachers gathered tools and items from household, farming and local rural trades in the course of more than two decades. Under one single roof several working areas are presented, for instance a shoemaker’s workshop. In addition, the furnishings of the village school with old school benches, a school teacher’s desk, a blackboard, a calculating machine, illustrated wall charts and other objects once used in lessons are shown.